Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Probably too much sugar; Victoria's Secret.

One of the benefits of working at a corporate restaurant is that certain things are always pre-weighed and measured. So when I decided I wanted some potatoes tonight, I knew if I ordered the red potatoes they were a certain amount that I could budget for. One of the negatives of working at a corporate restaurant if that we have eighty varieties of sauces. So the cook screwed up and put the wrong sauce on my breadless "sandwich," and I was so hungry that I didn't notice until I was halfway through it. The sauce in question has a lot of sugar in it. Damn! Hopefully it didn't do too much damage; I hardly had any carbs at all the rest of the day.


After my post last night, I started thinking about why I dislike Victoria's Secret so much. I mean, I think most of their ads are fucking retarded. And it drives me crazy how none of the women in their ads feature women actually wearing bras that fit instead of ones small enough to make their tits burst out. And their anorexic-looking models make me want to barf. But when I started actually thinking about it, I realized that my dislike of it actually started with something ages ago.

Long ago, probably when I was 19, I went to VS trying to find something sexy to wear for my boyfriend. I was mildly fat at that time; I don't really remember what clothing size I was wearing back then, or how much I weighed. I trotted in there and grabbed some bras in the size I normally wore. But when I tried them on, they wouldn't even go around me! I couldn't even get them hooked! I tried going up a band size, but that still didn't work. I got irritated and left, thinking their sizes much be screwed up. If I wore a 36, and their 38 wouldn't even go around me, then obviously they bras much run smaller. And I didn't really think about it anymore after that; I kept buying bras at Wal-Mart, and then at Lane Bryant.

Thing is .... it wasn't until I worked at Lane Bryant, in 2006, that I actually was measured. I'd been wearing a 36C since I was 15, and I actually needed (by then) a 40D! So of course those bras at VS wouldn't fit me. They were the wrong cup size (my actual breast size hasn't changed with weight), and possibly the wrong band size. Plus, their were molded cups with underwires, when I'd been wearing basically sports bras. But I'd never tried other styles, so I didn't really figure that out. Seems stupid in retrospect. But I never thought about it! I just disliked Victoria's Secret .... turns out for no reason.

Kind of excited now about the idea of being able to get something there! Although I looked at the bra I was talking about yesterday and it was actually a 42 rather than a 40, so I'm still quite a while away from that.

2 comments:

Bethanny said...

I feel like a total hog every time I set foot into that store!

FattyMcFatPants said...

Hard not to, some of their bras are so small I couldn't fit a toe in them!