Saturday, February 5, 2011

Increasing my water intake, low-carb treats.

I really like water -- as long as it's cold! -- but I have a hard time drinking it at home because the water in my house tastes weird. More than that, it gives me a headache! My old roommate used to get headaches too. I've been buying 2 gallon jugs of water, but tonight I finally got a Pur filter for my sink. I also got a big plastic jug to keep in my fridge; so now I can have ice cubes and chilled water that doesn't taste funky.


I've been getting myself little low-carb treats the last couple of weeks. In previous attempts, this would've meant stuff full of sugar alcohols and aspartame, some imitation of a high-carb treat. Now, though, I'm treating me to good real food. Right now, I'm snacking on "deluxe" mixed nuts -- no peanuts! Yummy! And they're seasoned with sea salt rather than regular salt, so they have an interesting tang to them. And more potassium than sodium, which is always good. Last week, I got 1/4 pound of lightly smoked gouda and 1/4 pound of creamy havarti. It's too rich to eat more than a slice of at a time, but soooooo good. Simple things, but little things for a bit more variety and a little indulgence!

No comments: