Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Why I need to remember to eat.

I wasn't hungry before work and forgot to eat. I munched some cashews that I had in the car, just because they were there. Then I ordered some food after the dinner rush .... and we got totally freaking slammed again. I never got a chance to eat. I threw my food in a box, thinking I'd eat it when I got home. For an hour after close I worked to help clean up the horrible mess all over the restaurant; then we all packed up our stuff and left.

On the way home I listened to a rambling voicemail from my father's drunken hag of a girlfriend. I started thinking about what I was going to do for dinner ... and realized I'd forgotten my boxed-up chicken. Dammit.

There's no point in going through all the mental processes; the end result was self-justifying right through McDonald's. Could have all been avoided if I'd just freaking eaten. But I didn't eat anything but a few cashews for about 24 hours and then ran around for several straight hours, stressing out. I should know by now that sort of behavior sets me up for crashing blood sugar and idiotic, emotional decisions.

Ah well. Tomorrow is another day, during which I will not make the same stupid mistake.

2 comments:

Bethanny said...

Man! I never forget to eat!! When people say that, it blows my mind. Im so hooonggrrraay all the time, food never slips my mind.

FattyMcFatPants said...

If I eat poorly, I'm hungry constantly. For me at least, it's very much tied to blood sugar levels!