Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Still alive.

Not that this makes me unique, but I freaking hate getting sick. Colds that might make normal people miss one day of work knock me out for three or four days. Which is actually an improvement -- before I had sinus surgery, an average cold would have me lying on my couch and unable to breathe for two weeks. So, you know, progress.

I haven't been paying the slightest bit of attention to what, if anything I've been eating, other than trying to eat a piece of fruit or something carrots every few hours for the vitamin value. Some days that was all I ate. One day, when I absolutely had to go to work (sorry to anyone I infected, bastard managers), all I ate that day was a chocolate dessert because the hot chocolate and cold ice cream sounded like heaven on my throat.

Yesterday, though, I engaged in some ridiculous emotional eating. I don't know what macaroni and cheese and ice cream would solve, but it didn't work. Instead I felt jittery and nauseous and even threw up a little. Lesson learned.

2 comments:

Bethanny said...

When I am sick, I crave restaurant food. Greasier the better.

Losing 100 said...

When I am sick, I'm just on survival mode. Don't be too hard on yourself. Once your feeling better, you'll be back and running.