Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hey look, the headache came back.

I woke up and for once was hungry right away, so I made myself a nice sandwich on thin bread. Since then I've just been craving french fries with lots of ketchup, Velveeta shells and cheese, and cookies with chocolate and nuts in them. I suspect it has to do with the time of the month, so I'm just keeping that in mind. I've also been meaning to go to the grocery store all day, but was concerned that being surrounded by all the things I can't have might lead to some self-justification. It's surprisingly easy to do. Of course, then I started getting hungry again, which just makes it more likely. I drank some milk, and I'm hoping that will take enough of an edge off my hunger that I won't do something stupid. (What do you know, it did. I didn't get anything I shouldn't have.)

Really, the macaroni and cheese craving isn't a big deal. I can get some low carb noodles and chop up some chicken, pour on some sauce, and voila. But there's no substitute for french fries or the cookies, really. I just have to ... not. It shouldn't be so hard on a day when I've noticed a definite change. I have this really cute pair of polka-dot brief-style panties, and the last time I wore them I had to wear them under my stomach. They would pull over my flab, but not far enough to stay there. Today, they fit like they were supposed to, and didn't rub anywhere uncomfortable or anything.

A lot of times something like that will cause me to bust out all my old clothes and start sorting them in to piles of now, sooner, later, etc. But every time I do that, it's like a jinx. I promptly start swimming in a sea of ice cream and not giving a damn. So the most I'll do now is occasionally try on my size 22 jeans and see when I can get them pulled up over my stomach. Hasn't happened yet. But bound to sometime!

No comments: