Thursday, August 2, 2012

Five days and counting.

That's how long I've had a headache. Actually, it's probably multiple headaches that have just bled into each other, because the pain has moved around a lot. Really getting on my nerves though. I've been extra careful to be hydrating, take my allergy meds, and sleep enough, and I did a sinus rinse last night that really just seemed to make it worse. I've got a pretty high tolerance for headache pain, thanks to spending the first 26 years of my life with completely fucked up sinuses. But this is just getting ridiculous. Between the sore ankles, the lack of sleep, and the headaches, I have yet to try that C25k workout again, but I haven't forgotten about it.

Been thinking about starting a routine of good old-fashioned abdominal crunches, because I'm realizing that I've lost what core strength I had from years of bending and lifting while waitressing. Which I may be going back to anyway, sigh.

I was able to wear one of my favorite t-shirts again today. It's nothing special, just a nice chocolate brown v-neck in a comfy material, but I like it. It was tight before, not constricting my blood flow or anything but would ride up over my stomach etc. Was nice to wear it and be comfortable today.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay that's a great NSV well done. You are really good not knowing your number. I have to have the validation of seeing those numbers tick down bit by bit.

Headaches SUCK. Hope you feel better soon. Codeine and paracetamol mix does the trick for me but I know that's not an option in the states.

FattyMcFatPants said...

Thanks Sarah. :) The scale always unhinges me, I'm pretty sure knowing my actual weight would send me in to a binge eating spiral because it would seem so insurmountable! I'll send my friend another scale picture on the 19th, but I may not ask her anything about it because I think I just don't want to know!

You're absolute right that codeine can't be gotten over the counter in the US. Of course, I'm allergic to it anyway! :) Took a little extra magnesium today and it seems to have helped, we'll see how I do!