Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I've been noticed; vitamins.

A woman at work turned to me today and said, "I meant to tell you last night, you look like you've lost weight." Bloody hell. If she noticed, that means the next time I see my mother or father they'll have noticed too, and I'm just not up for that conversation.

I know for most people it's a compliment. But I just hate hearing it. Before it was because I was ashamed because it implied they were aware of how fat I was. Which was silly, because how could anyone not see? So it's not that now. Maybe because I don't know how to respond to it. I try to just say thanks, even though I don't really think it's a compliment (but I know most people think it is). But people just don't like to leave it at that, they want to know if I really have, how much, etc. I find it all very tiresome.


My Coromega, potassium, and magnesium arrived today! I also went to the store and got some vitamin E. I've never taken that before; but I figured I could use the extra anti-oxidants. Especially since I struggle to eat enough produce. I like fruits; I like a very limited set of vegetables. I keep trying to like other ones -- I keep trying peas, sprouts, zucchini, squash, blah blah blah. The only vegetables I really like are broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes (I know, technically fruit), green beans if barely cooked, and limited amounts of lettuce and baby spinach. I've always been a really picky eater, which is why I think I need to take a fistful of pills every morning! I'll also need to get a new bottle of multivitamins -- I didn't realize how old mine were, I thought I'd got them sometime last year but they expired in May of last year. Ack.


Made garlic parmesan chicken fingers tonight; I'd have preferred to bake them but haven't gotten my oven fixed yet, so I fried them in a bit of olive oil instead. Love those monounsaturated fats. I also used a couple of tablespoons of flour since I didn't have any almond meal which I'd usually use. Haven't made those in a very long time, forgot how delicious they were!

No comments: