Thursday, January 20, 2011

Beef and boobs.

I rarely properly cook at home -- pretty much only on my days off, actually. The other days I have snacks/odd composition meals (cashews, cheese, and baby carrots; sliced turkey, milk, and kiwi; etc.) and then have steak or chicken or whatever at work after my shift. But today was a day off (thank GOD), so I got in my grannymobile and slipped and slid to the store, where I wandered the aisles of cellophaned meats trying to decide what to have for dinner.

I was nearly derailed at one point -- the meat department is next to the bakery, and I saw croissants. Fuck me, do I love croissants. Had the bakery been open, I probably would have bought one, because one wouldn't have been a problem carb-wise. But it was after 9:30, so the only available flaky goodness came in batches of five. And I know without a doubt I'd have eaten them all within the next twelve hours. They're just a trigger food for me. So I walked away and went in search of bloody, dripping meat.

(Sidenote: Someday I'm going to bake my own croissants. They're a massive pain in the ass, but I like a baking challenge.)


I ended up getting these awesome 3/4 pound packages of very thinly sliced "sandwich steak" for $2.50 each -- I love the clearance meat bin. I fried one of the packages up in olive oil, cooked some LC Dreamfields penne (great stuff!), and coated it all in roasted garlic alfredo sauce and parmesan. Delicious!


ETA: Since Allan decided to make a post specifically about my dinner, I thought I'd clarify that when I said "all" I was being figurative. I was not literally saying I had 3/4 of  pound of meat for dinner -- I mentioned the size of the package only because it was a good deal. Even if I did eat all of it, that's 450 calories because that was the raw weight. Oh holy Jesus, I'm going to explode and start destroying cities with my fatz.

One thing that drives me crazy about weight loss (or gain) is how little it takes to change my bra size. I always seem to lose or gain inches around my ribcage first, and it takes less than ten pounds to alter my bra size. I spent today hitching my tits back into my favorite bra, which I think I'm going to have to pack away because the girls are falling out the bottom. Right now that's not such a big deal, since I have a stockpile of bras from my days working at LB (last count was 19!).

This one is a 42D; I have in my collection 42DD (in a certain style that runs small), 40DD and 40D bras. Below that, I'll have to start buying new ones. That ought to be interesting. I haven't been below a 40D in .... well, I don't actually know since I wasn't properly fitted until I worked at LB. But I'm sure it's been a long time. I'm not sure how my actual breast tissue will respond to weight loss either; the one time I dipped below 200 pounds I don't think that I lost any size. But I don't really remember, but I hope that's correct. I'm vain enough to want to keep my meat balloons.

No comments: