Tuesday, July 24, 2012

TMI

I mentioned in a previous post that I had sent a picture of the scale to a friend of mine, because I wanted documentation but I didn't want to know the number myself. Well, yesterday my curiosity got the better of me a little bit and I told her, "I just want a yes or a no, that's all - is the number on the scale 300 pounds or higher?"

I shouldn't have asked, because she thought she was being encouraging by telling me it was "just under." I said "That's not a yes or no answer." and she thought I didn't understand, so she said "It's just under 300." I was like, "I know that, the point is I just wanted to know yes or no."

So, now I know that I'm closer to 300 pounds than I've ever been in my life. I don't know what constitutes "just under" - one pound, ten, twenty? Considering this is a woman who didn't think she was thin at 117 pounds, I have no idea. And I love her to pieces, I know that she was only intending to motivate me by telling me it wasn't "that bad". But Christ on a pogo stick. If "just under" means something like 295, the amount of weight I'd need to lose to a 'normal' size just jumped significantly, and that is depressing.

Of course, the fact is that nothing's actually changed except my own knowledge!

No comments: