Saturday, July 28, 2012

Extra grumpy today.

It's not a job I'd particularly enjoy, nor does it pay what I'd like. But it's something, and it doesn't start for almost a month so I can look for something better before that. Despite that, I'm still very grumpy today. I didn't sleep well; took forever to fall asleep, woke up a lot, etc. My ankles are also still sore from those damn shoes. And I sent my ex a text a couple of hours ago and no response (not that I really expected one).

I've just been very cranky all day. I've tried everything I can think to re-set my little brain. I had a good meal, I read, watched tv, took a shower, listened to some music, tried to take a nap and was too irritated to fall asleep. At this point, I genuinely feel like a boatload of sugary stuff would cheer me up. At least it would be something to enjoy, which nothing else has been today. I feel like heading over to Olive Garden for some breadsticks and something soaked in alfredo. Or Perkins for some peanut butter silk pie. Something. And I know food won't actually fix any of the problems I have. I'm just so motherfucking cranky! I'm really trying not to succumb to this urge, but I've been feeling it all day and that makes it pretty hard.

I watched some of the Olympic ceremony and ate one of my Carb Smart ice cream bars. The sugar taste did actually make me feel less cranky. Of course I'd rather be irritable than depressed, which is what I'm back to now. This heartbroken crap is getting old. Despite that, when I went to the store just now I managed to control myself. Didn't get anything I shouldn't. Did forget a couple of things I should have gotten, but oh well. Have rotten headache right now though.



No comments: