Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ownin' up and all.

Despite spending the last week feeling like shit, I still ate a bunch of junk. Sometimes. Other times, I ate well. So .. nothing changed much. I weighed myself today, a few days late but I couldn't be bothered before. I always weigh myself in the morning, like most people I think, and I don't get up early enough to deal with weighing myself. Not that stepping on the scale takes very long, of course, but I don't keep my scale sitting out. I put it in a really inconvenient place, specifically to prevent myself from getting on it all the time and obsessing over the number.

Anyway, I dug it out today, and was surprised to find that I haven't gained back everything I lost. I really thought I had, because I've felt so bloated and gross. But somehow I've only gained back two pounds. I suppose it's because it hasn't been all binging, all the time. I'm just glad I didn't do any more damage.

I've got another job, and one that's a very regular schedule and even regular hours. I'm suddenly on the same schedule as the normal working world, for the first time in my life. I even have weekends off. I went to the store last night and got a bunch of stuff to pack my lunches for the week so I don't end up going down the street for junk food, and I also have stuff to eat for dinner at home. I'm as prepared to eat properly for the week as I can be.

No comments: