Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Ermahgerd.

Didn't realize how long it's been since I posted. It's been a trying couple of weeks, for a lot of personal reasons. I'm not proud of it, but I did a fuckton of emotional eating. Or sometimes emotional not-eating. There were days I binged, days I didn't eat a single thing, days where I barely ate but it was all carbs, and days when I ate exactly as I should have.

The last three days have been good, almost accidentally. I didn't plan my meals, exactly, and I didn't think much about what I was eating. I just went to the store and did my shopping mostly on auto-pilot, and turns out my auto-pilot knew what I should and shouldn't purchase. Of course, the fact that I'm exceedingly broke and can't afford to go out to lunch with my friends at work etc definitely helps.

I'm settling in to my new job; I'm liking it so much I'm pretty much waiting for the other shoe to drop, honestly. It seems too good to be true. An easy job, a nice environment, friendly people, all the overtime I can work, decent pay .... they must require a blood sacrifice every couple of months, right? There's got to be something wrong with it.

Because it's going so well, I'm kind of terrified of the fact that I feel like I'm fighting off a cold -- attendance is a huge thing at this place. I've got a few of the little symptoms I get when my immune system is fighting something. Normally I'd drown myself in fruit and as many vegetables as I can stand ... but all I have left is one nectarine, half a pint of raspberries, and some frozen peaches! And since I have no money, and won't get my paycheck until Friday, and won't be able to take it to the bank until Saturday, I'll just have to hope my body can fend this off with enough sleep and fluids, I guess.

If I can manage to fight this off, and not come down with anything until the second week of November, that would mean I had gone an entire year without a cold, which is something I've never managed in my life before! Here's hoping.

2 comments:

AlmostGastricBypass said...

Send me your address via email at Allanmklein@gmail.com.. I can Western Union some money to hold you over.

FattyMcFatPants said...

I'm sorry I didn't log in last night, so I didn't see this; thank you very, very much for making such an offer. I've got food, just not the fresh stuff I'd like! But I get paid tomorrow so I can rectify that! I really do appreciate you being so nice though!