Thursday, June 2, 2011

I'm baaaaaack!

Oh thank god, I finally have a computer again! The last couple of months have been, well, pretty hellish without it. I'm a total Internet junkie, so only having access at the library was killing me!

The bad news is that the last month I have gone completely insane with my eating. God knows how much damage to my progress I've done. I could spend ages justifying why I just ate two entire thin crust pizzas, and why yesterday I ate nothing except an absolutely giant bowl of alfredo and regular noodles, but the fact is I just need to stop. There's probably been a different trigger for every damn day (except the two I ate properly!), and instead of trying to work on whatever imaginary big issue I have, I need to come to grips with the individual daily challenges.

As of right now, there is nothing in my house for me to eat that is not reasonable and within my plan. Okay, except for the cake I made, but I'm covering that in fondant and taking it to work tomorrow so I won't be eating it. The challenge will be that at work I can order whatever the hell I want. And also that aforementioned cake will be sliced open and taunting me with its marbly, chocolate buttercream-y goodness. But I need to get used to that. If I'm going to be a semi-professional baker, I need to not let the things I bake have such sway over me.

THAT will be a continuing challenge for sure.

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

glad to see you back! Sorry it's been a crap month for eating.. but you can get back on track! b

FattyMcFatPants said...

Thank you Jacqui!